Instructional Technology News – January 21, 2022
- January 21st, 2022
- in Instructional Technology News
Melissa from The Center for Instructional Technology here! I hope your semester is off to a successful and healthy start. I have a few updates to share.
New Support Portal
CIT is thrilled to share our new online support portal is now live! Members of the UA community are encouraged to use the portal to submit an instructional technology help request, report an instructional technology outage, request a third-party product’s integration with Blackboard Learn, or get instant answers to frequently asked questions. The portal is the best way to request help from CIT, as we are currently experiencing high call volumes and are unable to assist walk-in visitors at this time.
Panopto offers 24/7 support for UA instructors and students. Contact Panopto directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-765-2341. Answers to frequently asked questions are available on the Panopto Support website.
Instructional Technology Updates
Several CIT-supported products recently received updates. Here are a few highlights:
- Blackboard Ally – Ally now supports Instructor Feedback for WYSIWYG content, enabling instructors and other course content creators to get real-time feedback in the course content editor.
- Hypothesis Blackboard Groups integration – UA instructors may now create small reading groups using Blackboard’s built-in Groups functionality. This provides more flexibility to build and manage your own student reading groups.
- Panopto January 2022 Product & Service Update – January’s update brought many additions and enhancements to Panopto at UA. Headline features include video reference copies, more discussion notification options, audio descriptions, student video submissions in Blackboard, and more.
News from OIT
- Changes to Retiree and Departing Faculty/Staff Email Accounts
- Log Into Zoom with SSO
- Check Junk Folder and Other Outlook Tips
- New myBama Launches Jan. 23
- Crimson Google Account Service Ends May 2022
We’re here to help
Your colleagues in The Center for Instructional Technology provide training, support, workshops, webinars, and consultations for UA’s instructional technologies and technology accessibility. Submit a help request or join us at an upcoming webinar.
Want more updates from CIT? Subscribe to our news updates and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.