Instructional Technology News – September 23
- September 23rd, 2021
- in Instructional Technology News
Melissa from The Center for Instructional Technology here with a few reminders and tips in advance of the upcoming midterm grade entry deadline. Want more updates from CIT? Subscribe to our news updates and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Midterm grades due October 6 at midnight
Midterm grades are due 10/6 at 11:59 p.m. Instructors are required to submit midterm grades for all 100- and 200-level courses. Midterm grading should be used to submit grades assigned for non-attendance.
Helpful grading information:
- Entering Midterm or Final Grades in Blackboard Grade Center
- Importing Midterm or Final Grades from Blackboard into MyBama
- Assigning Non-Attendance Grade Reason in MyBama
- Non-Attendance Grading Information and Grading Help (from Registrar)
Reporting a non-attendance grade? Find the date the student last accessed your Blackboard course using the Performance Dashboard or by viewing the Last Access column in the Grade Center grid.
Testing tips for students
If you administer midterm exams via Blackboard Learn, you might share these testing tips with your students:
- Use a wired Internet connection.
- Close/quit other computer programs.
- Read the test instructions. Details may include a time limit, number of attempts, and backtracking options.
- Minimize use of the mouse scroll wheel. Scrolling the wheel may inadvertently change your answer.
- Save your answers. Click the Save Answer button for every question.
- Click Submit.
Additional tips for being prepared and getting connected: Testing Tips for Students
We’re here to help
Using Gradescope to evaluate handwritten assignments? Giving a test with Blackboard Learn? Looking to secure an exam with Lockdown Browser?
Your colleagues in The Center for Instructional Technology provide training, support, workshops, webinars, and consultations for these and other instructional technologies and technology accessibility. Request online support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 205-348-3532, join us at an upcoming webinar, or schedule a consultation with us.