Known Issue: Blackboard Learn Login Issue
- September 30th, 2021
- in Known Issues
CIT is aware that some users are experiencing issues with logging into Blackboard via the direct URL and through myBama. These issues with accessing and loading content are happening in Safari, Chrome, Edge, and Respondus Lockdown Browser, which relies on Safari or Chrome to function. This appears to be related to newer browser updates and happens more commonly on machines running older operating systems.
While a solution is being investigated, affected users might:
- Run the browser checker to see whether Blackboard Learn supports your browser. Update to a supported browser if prompted.
- If you are unable to update Safari/Chrome/Edge or updating doesn’t resolve the issue, use the Firefox browser. If your device is not compatible with the latest version of Firefox, you can install an older version. Firefox is also available in library and other campus computer labs.
Still experiencing the issue? Blackboard recommends updating your OS certificates OpenSSL versions 1.0.0 through 1.0.2:
1. Download these four pem files:
- Active, limited availability
2. Follow the steps to import the pem files into your browser. You will need to repeat the steps for each file:
- Add a Root Certificate in Google Chrome – The pem file is the certificate referred to in step 12. It has a different file name than the example in the screenshot.
- Add a Root Certificate in Mozilla Firefox – The pem file is the certificate referred to in step 9. It has a different file name than the example in the screenshot. If you don’t see Options in the Firefox menu, look for Settings instead.
- Add certificates to a keychain using Keychain Access on Mac – The pem file is the certificate file referred to in Step 2 (“Drag the certificate file onto the Keychain Access app”).