Instructional Technology News – November 29
- November 29th, 2021
- in Instructional Technology News
We’re in the home stretch! This is Melissa from The Center for Instructional Technology with some news and tips for this final week of fall semester classes.
Zoom Log in – Change to Log in with SSO
UA Zoom users should now log into Zoom through single sign-on using their myBama credentials rather than a unique username and password. SARS users should continue to log into Zoom with their existing usernames and passwords to continue to use the SARS + Zoom meeting functionality. Additionally, no changes will be made to HIPAA-compliant accounts at this time. Instructions and additional information are available on the OIT website: Log Into Zoom with SSO
Get ready for finals
Preparing to offer a final exam via Blackboard? CIT encourages you to:
- Book an appointment for an online exam settings review to help ensure a smooth experience for you and your students.
- Follow these recommendations to avoid common problems associated with Blackboard Learn tests: Testing Tips for Instructors
- Share tips for being prepared and getting connected with students: Testing Tips for Students
Final grades due December 14 at midnight
Final grades are due 12/14 at 11:59 p.m. Any missing grades as of the 11:59 p.m. deadline will result in grades of “N” being assigned as placeholders. Instructors will then be required to submit grade change requests to correct all “N” grades.
Helpful grading information:
- Entering Midterm or Final Grades in Blackboard Grade Center
- Importing Midterm or Final Grades from Blackboard into MyBama
- Assigning Non-Attendance Grade Reason in MyBama
- Non-Attendance Grading Information and Grading Help (from Registrar)
Reporting a non-attendance grade? Find the date the student last accessed your Blackboard course using the Performance Dashboard or by viewing the Last Access column in the Grade Center grid.
We’re here to help
Your colleagues in The Center for Instructional Technology provide training, support, workshops, webinars, and consultations for UA’s instructional technologies and technology accessibility. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-348-3532. Join us at an upcoming webinar or schedule a consultation with us.
Want more updates from CIT? Subscribe to our news updates and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.