Instructional Technology News – September 29, 2022
- September 29th, 2022
- in Instructional Technology News
Hello from your colleagues in CIT! We hope that your semester is going well. Below you’ll find resources to help with your midterm grading, as well as announcements and workshops. If you need help with instructional technology, please contact email@example.com. For IT-related needs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Midterm grades due Wednesday, Oct 5 at 11:59 PM
Midterm grades are required for 100- and 200- level courses. For more information, visit Grade Reporting – Registrar’s Office. If there are discrepancies between course rosters in myBama and in Blackboard Learn, contact email@example.com.
Grade Center Assistance
- Resources about Grading in Blackboard
- How do I create/edit the letter grading schema in Blackboard?
- How do I download the Grade Center from Blackboard?
- Enter Midterm grades in Blackboard
- Import Midterm grade into myBama
Test and Exam Assistance
- Testing Tips for Instructors
- How do I create a test in Blackboard?
- How do I deploy a test in Blackboard?
- How do I add extended time or provide another test accommodation in Blackboard?
Blackboard Instructor App Support ends September 30, 2022
Blackboard instructor and student mobile functions in a single app: Download the unified Blackboard app now.
Explore Blackboard Ultra
Learn about UA’s Ultra pilot and request a practice course: Ultra Course Pilot Information.
- Flip Workshop – 10/5, 10:00 am
- Blackboard Learn Ultra Best Practices, 10/13, 10:00 am
- Zoom In, Engaging Your Audience, 10/13, 2:00 pm
- View a full list and registration information
More Tech Events across UA
- UA Online presents Improving the Accessibility of Your Blackboard Course, 10/6, 10:00 am – Details and registration.
- UA Libraries present Open Access Week events, 10/24-10/25 – Event program
- OIT presents Live Cybersecurity Awareness Trainings, offered throughout October – Registration through UA LMS. This session is also an alternate form for the UA compliance eLearning assignment, and it will satisfy the 2022 cybersecurity training requirement for UA faculty and staff.