Email Address in Blackboard
- November 3rd, 2021
- in Known Issues
Students who are also employees have both @ua and @crimson email addresses. Users can now define which of their official UA email addresses (must be @ua.edu or @crimson.ua.edu) are used for Blackboard Learn communications.
To determine which email is being used within Blackboard Learn, you can check your profile in Blackboard. After logging in, click on your name on the left side. This is the Profile tab. This area shows your user information, including the email address that is associated with your Blackboard account.
If you need to change the email address associated with your Blackboard account:
- Log in to myBama with your myBama username and password.
- Select the Employee link from the Pages list.
- In the Self Service box, click on the Personal Information folder.
- Choose View/Update Personal Information.
- In the Email section, click on Add New.
- Choose Blackboard Learn Email from the Email Type drop down menu.
- Enter the UA or Crimson email address you want to show in Blackboard.
- Click the Add button.
Note: Users must add an email address that ends in either @ua.edu or @crimson.ua.edu.
A new Blackboard Learn email address should show in the Email section of your Personal Information. Please confirm that your email address has changed in your Blackboard profile.
Edited for the new myBama January 26, 2022.