Blackboard Learn Scheduled Maintenance Aug 5 – Aug 8
- July 30th, 2020
- in Announcements
Blackboard Learn will undergo required maintenance and upgrades beginning Wednesday, Aug. 5 at 4:00 p.m. until Saturday, Aug. 8 at 2:00 p.m. Blackboard Learn will be unavailable during the required maintenance. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Center for Instructional Technology at 205-348-3532 or email@example.com.
Our technical teams at Blackboard and UA will be performing necessary updates to database and operating system components of our system, as well as upgrading Blackboard Learn to Q2 2019 CU 10. We will also be provisioning Panopto for all fall courses, removing some obsolete tools, and adding several new support resources to help instructors and students.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra attendance tools
- When hosting Collaborate sessions, taking attendance is now automated, eliminating the need for manual tracking. Collaborate session attendance is recorded within the Attendance page of the Learn course, is counted in the average attendance calculation, and can be factored into students’ grades
- Cloud storage integration
- Add files directly from cloud storage when authoring content or creating assignments. Students can also upload assignments directly from their chosen solution, including Google Drive and Box
- Enhanced accessibility
- To make it easier for those who use assistive technologies to navigate the structure of pages, skip links now work more consistently across Learn tool areas
- Grading in the Blackboard Instructor app
- Within the Instructor app, review assignment submissions and attachments, provide comments and inline annotations, grade with rubrics, and publish grades to students
- Task Management
- Calendar items and due date notifications available for additional content types