Turnitin AI Detection report launches April 4
- April 4th, 2023
- in Announcements, Turnitin
Turnitin has announced the launch of its AI writing detection capabilities, available starting Tuesday, April 4, 2023. This feature will help you as instructors identify when AI writing tools such as ChatGPT may have been used to write any part of the content submitted in a student’s assignment. It will be automatically available within Turnitin. Bear in mind that the AI detection results will not be visible to students; only instructors and administrators will be able to see it.
Additionally, Turnitin will only be able to process submissions written in long-form English for AI detection. AI detection has been added to the Turnitin Similarity report -this means that your existing workflow will remain unchanged.
In-product guidance and access to product help resources will be at hand to explain the feature. In addition, to prepare you further for the use of this feature and to help you understand how you should interpret the results, we’ve put together some guidance and resources.
- Turnitin’s AI Writing Detection: An introduction for educators and administrators (3-minute video)
- FAQ Document
- AI Writing Detection Landing Page
- Recommended Turnitin Syllabus Statement
Turnitin is hosting two sessions for Using Turnitin Tools to Mitigate Student Use of AI Writing Tools
- Wednesday, April 5th at 11:00 am CST register for April 5th session here
- Thursday, April 13th at 1:00 pm CST register for April 13th session here
As always, we are available Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:45 to assist you.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 205-348-3532
Website and Knowledge Base – http://cit.ua.edu