You can host synchronous, virtual office hours using Zoom. This is a good option to supplement other ways of being available to students. Using the waiting room feature enables you to allow students in one at a time. During the meeting, you are still able to see if there are others in the waiting room. You can send them a private message letting them know you are currently with someone and will be with them shortly.
Schedule a recurring Zoom Meeting with a Waiting Room
- Log into the Zoom web portal (zoom.us)
- Click My Account, then click on Meetings
- Click the Schedule a New Meeting button
- Fill in your desired time and set the duration
- Check Recurring Meeting and set your desired frequency
- Set remaining options to your preferences and click save.
- Make sure Waiting Room is toggled On.
- You can customize your Waiting Room with a message
- On the Summary page for your meeting, copy the Invite Attendees link to share with your students via email, syllabus, or Blackboard.
- When you are ready to start office hours, start the meeting and wait for students to appear in the waiting room.
- Learn more about communicating with students in the waiting room
You can learn more about Scheduling Recurring Meetings on Zoom’s website