Recording Zoom Meetings in the Classroom
When using Zoom to broadcast your classroom meeting, follow these steps:
- Record to the cloud when meeting.
- Download the recording on your own computer after class.
- Upload to Panopto to share the recording in Blackboard.
Watch a video tutorial and get detailed information on Cloud Recording from Zoom here.
Record in the Classroom
- Open Zoom.
- Log in to your Zoom account.
- Start the meeting.
- Click the “Record” button and select Record to the Cloud.
- Do not record to the local computer in a classroom. All files stored locally will be erased at midnight each day
- When class is done, click Stop Recording. The recording will upload to the cloud automatically.
Enable the Audio transcript option in your Advanced Cloud Recording settings to automatically transcribe the audio of a meeting or webinar that you record to the cloud. After the transcript is processed, the transcript appears as a .vtt text file in the list of recording files. In addition, you can display the transcript text within the video itself, similar to closed captions.
The transcript is divided into timestamped sections. You can edit the text to more accurately capture the words, or to add capitalization and punctuation, which are not captured by the transcript.
For more information, including illustrated steps, see the “User” section of Zoom’s Using Audio Transcription for Cloud Recordings guide.
Retrieve the Recording from the Cloud
- Open the Desktop Client and log in if prompted.
- Select Meetings.
- Select Recorded.
- Locate the recording.
- Click Open. The recording will open in the Zoom web portal. You may play the recording and/or download it to your computer.
You can view and download cloud recordings directly from the web portal.
- Go to the web portal at https://uasystem.zoom.us
- Select Recordings.
- Select Cloud Recordings.
- You can use the date selection fields to search for a meeting if needed.
- Once you have found the recording, click on the Topic Name.
- You may play the recording and/or download it to your computer.