Instructional Technology Resources
Learn best practices as well as tips and tricks for UA’s instructional technology tools.
Blackboard Learn Student Tutorials
Blackboard Browser Compatibility Checker
Clear Your Cache (CIT Video)
Clear Your Cache Guide
Testing Tips for Students
View Test/Quiz Grades in Blackboard
View Assignment Grades in Blackboard
How to Back Up Blackboard Content as a Student
Hide Courses in the My Courses Module
Blackboard Calendar and Notifications (CIT Video)
Blackboard’s Text Message and Email Notification Settings
Join a Collaborate Ultra Session from a Mobile Device
Collaborate Ultra Help for Students
Collaborate Ultra Interface Video Tour
Session Best Practices
Collaborate Ultra Guides for Participants
FAQ: DUO, Blackboard, and MyBama
Minimum Device Requirements
Getting Started with Flip for Students
How to join a topic or group
Creating Flip Recordings
- Record and Submit a video – Once you join the Topic, select the Record a Response or red camera icon to open the Flip camera.
- Import or Upload a video to Flip
- Record your screen with the camera – Record presentations using other programs with Flip’s screen recorder feature. Just record your screen, narrate, and submit to Flip!
- Create an audio focused video– Mic Only mode allows learners the ability to create audio-only videos.
- Record without Audio – Record video without audio to eliminate distracting background noise, such as if you’re using on-screen cues instead of voice narration.
- Attach Files, Articles, and more – Add a link to your response on the final step of the recording process to share a document stored in the cloud, a website, or article.
- The Flip Camera Features and Effects – The camera allows students to share their voices and ideas creatively using a variety of features.
- Comments in Flip – Students can reply to student responses through video comments, text comments, or both, depending on the setting determined by your instructor.
View Instructor Feedback – Students can go to my.flipgrid.com to view private feedback from instructors on their videos, as well as view videos they’ve recorded and access Topics and Groups they have joined in the past.
Flip App for iOS (Apple)
Flip App for Android
Flip Browser Extension for Chrome and Edge
Flip Troubleshooting for Students
Navigate the Viewer
How to Take Notes on a Video
Create Bookmarks in a Video
Viewer Accessibility Features
How to Record with Windows or Mac
For Panopto technical support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the 24/7 Panopto support team at 855-765-2341.
Professional Websites for Grad Students
Point Solutions Clickers and Mobile
Purchase License or Clicker Bundle
Clicker Bundle Tutorial (video)
How to register Your Clicker in Blackboard (video)
How to Use Your Clicker
Using PointSolutions Mobile on a Computer
PointSolutions Mobile for iOS Devices
PointSolutions Mobile for Android Devices
For questions regarding your PointSolutions account contact Echo360 Support.
Respondus Lockdown Browser & Monitor
Respondus Monitor Information for Students
How to use Respondus Help Center to Diagnose Problems
Respondus Support Live Chat – Live chat help is available within LockDown Browser when using the webcam proctoring feature (Respondus Monitor). Chat agents can assist you with pre-exam issues related to the webcam and microphone.
Cannot Detect or Configure Webcam
Spinning Wheel During Webcam Check
Video Connection Timed-Out Error
Update Check Failed: Error Code a4
Unable to connect to Respondus Server (AWS)
“You have not logged in yet or your session expired”
Ally for Blackboard Help for Students – access alternative file types
Send email – Questions, suggestions, and technical issues with technology accessibility
Office of Disability Services (ODS) Accomodations
ODS Notetaking Services
Submitting a Paper
The Similarity Report
Viewing Feedback Guide (video)
Navigating Peer Reviews (video)
Zoom Best Practices for Students
Keep Zoom Up to Date
How to Zoom YouTube Videos
Zoom Quick Start Videos
Remote Learning Resources
Tips & Resources for Online Learning – As many University of Alabama students are learning online, we want you to know that we have many campus resources available to ensure your learning experience continues without interruption.
Taking Tests in the Libraries (Respondus) – Many library computers are equipped with Respondus LockDown Browser and web cameras. Students may reserve an appropriate computer through the UA Libraries website.
Technology Need Application – Loaner hotspots, web cams, and laptops are available for students in need. Students may submit a Technology Need Application on the Student Care and Well-Being website.
Creating Multimedia Projects – The Sanford Media Center is available to the campus community for consultations and resources regarding media-based projects.