Instructional Technology Resources
Learn best practices as well as tips and tricks for UA’s instructional technology tools.
Blackboard Learn Student Tutorials
Blackboard Tutorials for Distance Education Students (from College of Continuing Studies)
Blackboard Browser Compatibility Checker
Clear Your Cache (CIT Video)
Clear Your Cache Guide
Testing Tips for Students
View Test/Quiz Grades in Blackboard
View Assignment Grades in Blackboard
Download Work You Submitted to Blackboard
Hide Courses in the My Courses Module
Blackboard Calendar and Notifications (CIT Video)
Blackboard’s Text Message and Email Notification Settings
Join a Collaborate Ultra Session from a Mobile Device
Collaborate Ultra Help for Students
Collaborate Ultra Interface Video Tour
Session Best Practices
Collaborate Ultra Guides for Participants
Creating Flipgrid Recordings
- Record and Submit a video – Once you join the Topic, select the Record a Response or red camera icon to open the Flipgrid camera.
- Import or Upload a video to Flipgrid
- Record a Presentation with Screen Recording – Record presentations using other programs with Flipgrid’s screen recorder feature. Just record your screen, narrate, and submit to Flipgrid!
- Record audio only videos – Mic Only mode allows learners the ability to create audio-only videos.
- Record without Audio – Record video without audio to eliminate distracting background noise, such as if you’re using on-screen cues instead of voice narration.
- Attach Files, Articles, and more – Add a link to your response on the final step of the recording process to share a document stored in the cloud, a website, or article.
- The Flipgrid Camera Features and Effects – The camera allows students to share their voices and ideas creatively using a variety of features.
- Commenting on a Video Response – Students can reply to student responses through video comments, text comments, or both, depending on the setting determined by your instructor.
View Instructor Feedback – Students can go to my.flipgrid.com to view private feedback from instructors on their videos, as well as view videos they’ve recorded and access Topics and Groups they have joined in the past.
For Panopto technical support, email email@example.com or call the 24/7 Panopto support team at 855-765-2341.
Respondus Lockdown Browser & Monitor
Respondus Support Live Chat – Live chat help is available within LockDown Browser when using the webcam proctoring feature (Respondus Monitor). Chat agents can assist you with pre-exam issues related to the webcam and microphone.
Cannot Detect or Configure Webcam
Spinning Wheel During Webcam Check
Video Connection Timed-Out Error
Update Check Failed: Error Code a4
Unable to connect to Respondus Server (AWS)
“You have not logged in yet or your session expired”
TurningTechnologies Clickers and Mobile
Purchase License or Clicker Bundle
Clicker Bundle Tutorial (video)
How to register Your Clicker in Blackboard (video)
How to Use Your Clicker
Using TurningPoint Mobile on a Computer
TurningPoint Mobile for iOS Devices
TurningPoint Mobile for Android Devices
Get TurningPoint Clicker Firmware Updater (PC Only)
For questions regarding your Turning account contact Turning Technologies Support at:
Remote Learning Resources
Tips & Resources for Online Learning – As many University of Alabama students are learning online, we want you to know that we have many campus resources available to ensure your learning experience continues without interruption.
Taking Tests in the Libraries (Respondus) – Many library computers are equipped with Respondus LockDown Browser and web cameras. Students may reserve an appropriate computer through the UA Libraries website.