Respondus Monitor is an add-on for Respondus Lockdown Browser that may be required by your instructor. Watch this brief video to get a basic understanding of Monitor: https://web.respondus.com/lockdownbrowser-student-video/
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: OS X 10.10 or higher
- iOS: 10.0+ (iPad only, if iPad is allowed by instructor in Respondus settings)
- Web camera (internal or external) & microphone
- A broadband internet connection
More info on LockDown Browser Requirements
If your device or computer does not meet these requirements, computers are available to reserve in UA’s libraries. For more information on which computers are equipped with Respondus LockDown Browser and webcams, use the Taking Tests in the Libraries (Respondus) guide
Quick Start Guide
If a quiz requires LockDown Browser and a webcam, follow steps 1-6 in the previous “Taking A Test” section. At this point the Startup Sequence for the webcam begins.
- The Webcam Check will confirm that your webcam and microphone are working properly.
- The remaining steps of the Startup Sequence will depend on settings chosen by your instructor. Follow the instructions and note your progress along the left side of the screen.
- If you encounter a problem, select the It’s not working link for troubleshooting tips.
The test will begin after the Startup Sequence is complete. You cannot exit LockDown Browser until the quiz is submitted for grading.
Special Instructions for Mac Users
- Before your test, go to System Preferences
- Click on Security & Privacy
- Click on Webcam and check box next to Lockdown Browser to allow access to camera
- Click on Microphone and check box next to Lockdown Browser to allow access to microphone
- Open Lockdown Browser and proceed with test