Insert this information in your syllabus or elsewhere in your Blackboard course to provide students with the information they need if you plan to require the use of Lockdown Browser.
LockDown Browser Requirement
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser for online exams. Lockdown Browser takes the place of a standard web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) Watch this video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser:
Download and install LockDown Browser from this link:
- Start LockDown Browser
- Log into Blackboard Learn
- Navigate to the test
Note: You won’t be able to access tests that require Lockdown Browser with a standard web browser. If this is tried, an error message will indicate that the test requires the use of LockDown Browser. Simply start LockDown Browser and navigate back to the exam to continue.
When taking an online test, follow these guidelines:
- Select a location where you won’t be interrupted, with a secure, reliable internet connection
- Before starting the test, know how much time is available for it, and also that you’ve allotted sufficient time to complete it
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc. and don’t have them within reach
- Clear your area of all external materials – books, papers, other computers, or devices
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted
Several resources are available if you encounter problems with LockDown Browser:
- The Windows and Mac versions of LockDown Browser have a “Help Center” button located on the toolbar. Use the “System & Network Check” to troubleshoot issues.
- If you continue to have issues, contact the Center for Instructional Technology: 205-348-3532 or email@example.com