To use Respondus Lockdown Browser with Blackboard Learn exams, exams must first be created and deployed. For assistance with these steps, see Creating Tests in Blackboard.
- After creating and deploying a test, go to the menu on the left. Under Control Panel, open Course Tools, select Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- A list of all deployed exams appears. To require Lockdown Browser for an exam, click on the action link beside the exam name and choose Modify Settings.
- The Settings options for Lockdown Browser include:
- Don’t Require Respondus Lockdown Browser for this exam
- Require Respondus Lockdown Browser for this exam
- Test Password (Optional): a password that must be entered before a student can begin the exam
- The Advanced Settings include:
- Lock students into the browser until exam is completed
- Allow students to take the exam with an iPad (not recommended for high-stakes exams)
- Allow access to specific websites
- Enable a calculator
- Enable printing
- Require/don’t require Respondus Monitor. More information can be found on the Monitor resource page.
- Enter the desired settings and choose Save and Close. Your Lockdown Browser Dashboard will now show the Lockdown Browser status of your exams.
Warning: To preserve the settings used by LockDown Browser and to avoid errors, do not modify these settings in Blackboard Test Options:
- Open Test in a New Window
- Require a password
We recommend including this Lockdown Browser Information for Students in your syllabus or Blackboard course.