Information on how to access your UA Box account can be found in the “Getting Started with Box” tutorial.
Once you have logged into your UA Box account:
- Choose New > New Folder.
- Enter a folder name that will make sense to you, the note taker(s), and the student(s) who access the notes. Example: UA-101-Class-Notes. Note: Do not invite collaborators at this point. Select “Create”.
- Select Settings from the More Options menu. The Settings window opens. Under Privacy, check Hide collaborators and their activity from non-owners. This step is very important in order to maintain student privacy. Click Save Changes.
- To allow students who need notes to access them, click Share and choose Invite Collaborators.
- In the Invite field, add the Crimson email account(s) for the student(s) who need class notes, as well as your note-taker. After typing an email address, Enter/Return to add another address. For Invited Permission, choose Viewer Uploader. Enter a message to the student(s). Sample message: This is the folder where class notes for UA-101 will be placed by your classmates. To access your UA Box account, go to the myBama Tech tab, then Software Spotlight channel, and choose UA Box login.
- Select Send Invites.
- The note takers will be able to access the folder through their individual UA Box accounts, and will add files as needed.
- Students who need notes as an accommodation will access the folder via their individual UA Box accounts.
For faculty assistance with UA Box, contact the Faculty Resource Center at 205-348-3532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For student assistance with UA Box, contact the IT Service Desk at 205-348-5555 or email@example.com.