Using the Blackboard Learn Section Maintenance tool through myBama, Instructors of record for classes offered during current and upcoming semesters can choose Blackboard Learn for their sections and can combine sections into Blackboard Learn supersections.
Accessing the Blackboard Learn Section Maintenance Tool
- Login at myBama.ua.edu with your Bama username and password.
- Click on the Faculty or Academics Tab. Locate the Banner Self-Service window.
- Click on Faculty & Advisors to expand these options.
- Click on Blackboard Learn Section Maintenance (toward the bottom of the list).
Creating Blackboard Learn Sections
- After Accessing the Blackboard Learn Section Maintenance Tool , choose the desired term. This will display a list of the sections for which you are the instructor of record. It will also indicate whether each has a Blackboard Learn component.
- If the integration code is ‘Not Integrated with Blackboard Learn‘, the section does not appear in Blackboard
- If the integration code is ‘Blackboard Learn‘, the section already has a Blackboard Learn component.
Note: If sections are missing, contact the department to confirm that you have been assigned as the instructor of record. If you need to change which system is integrated with your section, contact your department’s administrative assistant. If you need further assistance with the section maintenance tools, contact The Center for Instructional Technology .
- To make sections available in Blackboard Learn, click on the Make Sections Available in Blackboard Learn tab at the top of the screen. A list of sections for the chosen term will appear. To choose Blackboard Learn for each section, check the box next to its title and click Update.
- When the confirmation message appears, choose OK to make the sections available in Blackboard Learn.
- After a few minutes, the sections will be generated in Blackboard Learn. To confirm this, return to the Choose a Term tab and select the desired term. For the sections you selected, the Integration Code should now be ‘Blackboard Learn‘.
Combining Blackboard Sections
Note: If you do not see the sections that you would like to combine, if you wish to combine sections from several academic terms, if you wish to combine your sections with those taught by another instructor, or if sections need to be uncombined, please contact The Center for Instructional Technology .
Once your sections are available in Blackboard Learn, they can be combined.
- From the Blackboard Learn Section Maintenance page, click on Choose a Term to choose the desired term. If you have just made sections available in Blackboard Learn, the desired term may already be selected.
- Click on the tab to Combine Sections in Blackboard Learn. A list of Combined and Ungrouped sections appears.
- Check the boxes next to the sections you would like to combine in Blackboard Learn.
- Click Combine Sections into Supersection.
- To proceed with combining your sections, choose OK when asked to confirm.
- A message will appear that your request has been submitted. The combination process can take 5-10 minutes. Once this is done, the sections will be shown as combined. You will receive an email confirming that the sections have been combined.