From within a Blackboard Learn course, follow these steps to add a user. Any person with a Bama username can be added to a course in Blackboard Learn.
Note: Student enrollment, including withdrawal, is automatically sent from Banner to Blackboard Learn. Contact the Center for Instructional Technology if Blackboard student users do not match Banner enrollment, to have a user removed, or if you run into an error message.
- With Edit Mode On, click on Control Panel, then select Users and Groups. Click on Users.
- When the Users screen appears, click on Find Users to Enroll, located above the search interface and the list of users.
- Enter the myBama username (example: smith001, jdoe) of the person to be added, or add multiple usernames separated by commas.
Note: MyBama usernames for students are the letters before the @ of a crimson.ua.edu email address. Do not user the browser button.
- Select the appropriate user role from the Role dropdown. Student, Instructor, or Teaching Assistant will meet most needs. Read descriptions of user roles on Blackboard’s site.
- Click Submit.
- If the user is successfully added, a confirmation message will be shown and the user will appear in the Users list. Make sure the search field is empty.