- The Menu Bar contains the File, Edit, View, Tools, Windows, and Help menus.
- The Audio & Video panel enables you to participate in conversations either using a microphone and speakers (or headset) or via a teleconference. You also can transmit and receive Video during the session and preview your video before transmitting it.
- The Participants panel provides a list of all Participants and Moderators in the session and information about their current activities, such as talking (Audio), transmitting Video, sending a Chat message, using the Whiteboard Drawing tools and conducting and Application Sharing Session. Above the Participants list is a small toolbar containing buttons for raising your hand and stepping away from the session and menus for selecting polling responses and feedback options.
- The Chat Panel enables you to send Chat messages to everyone in the room or to Moderators only. By selecting names in the Participants list, you can send private Chat messages to individuals. Messages can be printed and saved to track session communication.
- The Collaboration toolbar (at the top of the Content area) contains three buttons for switching between the three content modes (Whiteboard, Application Sharing and Web Tour) in the content area; an Information menu for obtaining session information (e.g. connection type) and starting the Timer; a Load Content button for loading content into the session; and the Record button.
- The Content area is the main presentation window. Moderators use this region to load presentations. Everyone can use the tools on the Whiteboard to draw or write. All the objects and images on the Whiteboard are dynamic and can be modified. Every one can print the Whiteboard pages or save them to a file to review later (unless the Whiteboard has been protected).
Content Area Modes
The content area on the right side of your Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing interface, enables you to exchange information and ideas with others through three different features:
- The Whiteboard, for sharing presentations and drawings
- Application Sharing, for sharing individual applications or your entire desktop
- Web Tour, for sharing web page
These features share space in the content area, with each representing a “mode” in the content area, so you will be able to see the content of only one mode at a time. The Whiteboard content is persistent so will be there when you move to another mode and then return to the Whiteboard. Application Sharing content is persistent but you need to Resume Sharing when you return to Application Sharing in order to see it. Web Tour content will always have to be reloaded (URL entered again) when you switch modes and return to Web Tour.
Only certain users can switch between modes:
- Moderators can switch between all modes.
- Participants with Application Sharing permission can switch to Application Sharing mode and back to Whiteboard mode.
- Participants with Web Tour permission can switch to Web Tour mode and back to Whiteboard mode.
When someone switches modes, everyone in the session will follow them to the new mode.To switch modes, do one of the following:
Click on the button in the Collaboration toolbar associated with the desired mode. •Select the desired mode from the View menu. •Use the keyboard shortcut associated with the desired mode:
- Whiteboard mode: Ctrl+Alt+W (Command+Option+W on Mac)
- Application Sharing mode: Ctrl+Alt+A (Command+Option+S on Mac)
- Web Tour mode: Ctrl+Alt+U (Command+Option+U on Mac)You can easily see which mode is selected by noting which button in the Collaboration toolbar is colored. In the Collaboration toolbar below, the current mode is Whiteboard mode.