- January 12th, 2021
- in Instructional Technology News
Zoom updates, Blackboard tutorials and beginning of the semester reminders.
Perform Zoom updates.
Before your first Zoom appointment of the semester, be sure to update your Zoom client. Zoom regularly publishes updates to keep the software secure. Zoom’s website offers instructions on how to update the software. Some recent updates include enhanced nonverbal feedback, raise hand for host and co-host, poll reports available during live session, and improved grouping of security options when scheduling.
Make course readings active with Hypothesis.
Have you seen Hypothesis in the “build content” menu of your Blackboard courses? Setting up readings with Hypothesis allows you to host student discussions right on top of your course content (and grade them, too!). Add images, links and videos into the margins of your content. To learn more, please contact Nathan Loewen or schedule a meeting with the Hypothesis team.
Before using Panopto, make sure it is connected to your course. To get started, click on the Course Videos link in the course menu of Blackboard Learn. If you receive a message that says your course is not provisioned, follow the prompts to configure your course. For more information on Panopto, visit the CIT website.
Need a refresher on Blackboard basics? Visit our “Getting Started” resources.
- Getting Started with Blackboard Learn
- Blackboard Basics for Instructors – Getting Started (video)
- Blackboard Basics for Instructors – Course Set up (video)
- Blackboard Basics for Instructors – Grading and Retention (video)
A few more helpful Blackboard Learn tutorials:
- About Supersections – Combined & Cross-Listed Courses
- Create or Combine Blackboard Learn Courses
- Set Course Availability
- Copy Content from Existing Course
- Add a User to a Blackboard Course
Book an Appointment
Have questions about setting up your course? The CIT is here to help. Book an appointment to meet with us online.